Saturday, February 10, 2007

February 9, 2007 - Karlabucks


My coworker, Karla, brought in treats and her espresso maker to work today, to open her own Karlabucks. I took some pictures of her gorgeous demitasse set. I had a meeting in the morning, so I didn't have any of her coffee. I had two of these mini-muffins- pumpkin chocolate chip, and also a mini carrot cake. I posed the carrot cake muffin next to my pen that reminds me to eat 5 veggies a day.








For lunch, we welcomed our new coworkers by having pizza together. I ate two slices of the veggie supreme pizza, which I love. I tried to eat some of this slice after I picked the pepperoni off of it, but that didn't work. It still tasted like pepperoni. Bleh. (Sorry. I know it's one of the most popular pizza toppings in the US.)








Brian and I went out to Binion's to watch his friend play in a "Ladies Only" tournament, and we ate at the cafe. Our waiter was friendly in a strange way, he came up to us, pointing over his shoulder saying, "Hey guys, I'll be right back. I just gotta run to the bar real quick. You guys want anything?" He said it as if he was one of our friends. He looked sort of like, Elvis Costello or something.

Anyway, I ordered some artichoke dip and the fried shrimp dinner, which eerily resembles the dinner I had at the Sam's Town cafe last weekend. Except here, the carrots were very good, and I followed my pen's advice and ate them all. It came with salad and rolls.









The dip and the majority of it is sitting in my fridge. Brian suggests we take something very healthy (like grilled chicken) and drown it in the leftover dip.


No comments: