Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 23, 2007 - Moving Furniture Makes You Hungry

In preparation for my move to my upstairs office, I had to rearrange furniture around the building! The movers I hired were so prompt, that I didn't even get to have breakfast, really. I ate a granola bar out of the vending machine, and a piece of V-day candy.

Granted, I didn't really have to carry anything. But, I had to clear off desks and bookshelves, move desk chairs all over, help the movers disassemble desks, etc. etc.

A slightly funny and kinda creepy anecdote- after the movers left, I noticed a cell phone was on the floor under a desk we had just relocated. I figured it belonged to the mover who got down on the floor to reassemble it. When I picked up the phone, there was a tube of lube under it. Yes, lube. I guess it fell out of his pocket since the floor was clear when we moved the desk in, and it was kinda far back under it. Go figure. We returned the cell phone, but I threw the lube away. Eww. At least it wasn't opened.

By the time I finally sat down, I was so ready for lunch. I made Brian come on a date with me to Jason's Deli. I had a California Club sandwich sans bacon. And, some of their complementary low fat ice cream.


I had to do shopping at Costco for work. I bought - with my own money, of course- this orange-y and peppery pecans. I thought Brian would love them, but I really like them too.

For dinner, Brian and I went to one of our favorite go-to places, Sweet Tomatoes. Sweet Tomatoes is a salad bar restaurant that also serves baked potatoes, a variety of soups, pasta, and a bunch of baked goods. I made a regular salad with spinach, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, squash, etc etc. It has roasted garlic dressing on it.

My other plate is some of their prepared salads: a cherry chipotle spinach salad with apples, a bite of potato salad, some cherry coleslaw (it was worth a try...), and my favorite favorite, tuna tarragon salad. And, some pickles and beets for good measure.


Then, my "bread course" as Brian says - a couple pieces of focaccia and cornbread with some honey butter. And, a little bit of shrimp bisque because I was skeptical. Not bad though, really.


And, for dessert, they brought me a freshly baked mini chocolate chip cookie, and I had a brownie. (See what I mean about work making me hungry?)




No comments: