Saturday, February 3, 2007

February 2, 2007 - But who's counting?

Cereal. Honey Bunches of Oats, to be exact.


My friend Karla gave me this Gansito, which is a snack cake from Mexico. It's sort of like a Chocodile, or chocolate-covered Twinkie. She gave it to me to try to cheer me up, as I got upset today over another coworker's resignation. A "gansito" is a baby goose. And because of my mood, I decided to call myself "pobre gansito" a few times.
Want to see what it looks like unwrapped?



For lunch, I got broccoli cheese soup from Jason's Deli, and Karla shared some of her cheesy baked potato and strawberry shortcake with me. I also ate some edamame salad. I had leftovers, that you'll see tomorrow.

Brian, Nick and I went to see the movie, Smokin' Aces, with
Ben Affleck, Andy Garcia, Ray Liotta, Jeremy Piven, Ryan Reynolds, Alicia Keys and a million other stars, even Matthew Fox from Lost. Go ahead, click the link and watch The Soup's parody trailer, PLEASE. By far, the bloodiest movie I've seen in a long, long time. It had its moments. As Brian put it, Jason Bateman's performance alone was worth the admission. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

For dinner, we at at the Fresh Market Cafe inside of Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall.
(If you are interested in learning more about the Las Vegas band, The Killers, and their album called "Sam's Town", click here.) Most of their dinners come with their soup and salad bar. Since I wanted the fried shrimp dinner, but I had had enough of soup and salad for the day, I ordered buffalo chicken finger appetizer for Brian, and let him order what I wanted. Then, we traded dinners... that way he got to take advantage of the salad bar. What a scam! So I had fried shrimp, with baked potato, and a side of mixed veggies (mostly mushy carrots). I also ate a piece of celery off of Brian's plate.

So, as promised, here are some of the tallies from the past month. It's time-consuming, for some reason, to try to count these things. And, the numbers are not nearly as surprising as I thought they'd be:
12 Yogurts
13 Cereal (bowls or otherwise)
14 Oreos
















1 comment:

Martin said...

It's been a long, long time since I got to participate in a dinner scam. Jealous. My grandmother use to steal butter pats by shoving them down her bra. I'm not sure if that's related.