Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 19, 2007 - 2 years, 7 years or "Does the pot melt?"

Today was my two year wedding anniversary, and the seven year anniversary of Brian and I being together as a couple.

Look at these pretty flowers my husband bought me.
(The chocolates are from my parents, and are pictures SOLELY because they were also on the counter. I did not eat any today.)

For breakfast, good ol' cereal.

We skipped lunch, because we knew we were going to have a smörgåsbord for dinner. We went to the movies to see Little Children, which we were too late for yesterday. We had some pretzels and cheese.
Now, the book is wonderful. But the movie, I think, tried to do too much of the plot, and altered elements of the book for no clear reason to me. The movie did feature a "very naked" Kate Winslet. So maybe that appeals to you. Or, if you want to see her doing it with this guy, go for it.

Anyways, anniversary dinner at The Melting Pot. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. And, I LOVE it. I'm so happy Brian decided to take me there.

A young girl at the table next to ours asked her mother, quite seriously, "Does the pot melt?"

Look, they set up this cute card on our table.
We got the "Big Night Out" which is the Quattro Formaggio cheese fondue, with bread, veggies and apples for dipping. That's a Mandarin Orange Cosmopolitan.

And, I got a cherry blossom salad- greens with dried cherries and a black cherry vinaigrette.

The main course was an assortment of meats, cooked in a coq au vin broth. We had lobster, tiger shrimp, chicken breasts, ravioli, mushrooms, potatoes, and zucchini. There were also steak AND filet for Brian.

Dessert - a chocolate fondue with a bit of peanut butter inside. And, a wonderful assortment of fruit, brownies, marshmallows, and cheesecake for dipping.

No comments: