Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 16, 2007 - Some Material May Not Be Suitable for Children (or anyone)

Breakfast was toast with cream cheese and jelly. Brian ate one of these slices.

For lunch, I had leftover shrimp and risotto. And, another mini cupcake.


*Deep Breath* I don't even know where to begin with dinner. On a whim, I suggested Brian and I try Memphis Barbeque, a restaurant here in town. Things started out fine with this appetizer plate we got. It had bbq wings, potato skins (stuffed with pulled pork!), and fried onions. The best part was the fried dill pickles, which I've never had before. They were really great.


Dinner, ugh, was a whole different story. I tried to be "brave" and order something that I wouldn't usually get. Now, of course, I'm not going to get ribs or anything. But, I thought I'd try the pulled chicken sandwich. It came with choice of two sides.

Below, you will see that there is no chicken sandwich pictured. Why? Well, when it was served to me, the gamy smell nearly made me gag. Seriously. Brian urged me to send it back, but I wouldn't do it. Sometimes, I'm just not as brave or assertive as I need to be. Instead, I dumped it in a to-go container, and hoped that the waitress would ask me how it was. Of course, that didn't happen. I ate this mac and cheese and creamed corn that I ordered for my sides.


The mac and cheese was okay, I've had better. And, the creamed corn was weird. It wasn't really creamed corn as I know it. It was more like corn niblets floating in sweet cream, like a soup almost.

Brian also tried to cheer me with samples of his sweet potato and collard greens. (Neither wowed me.)



This passed Burger Bar for the worst dinner of the year. By a landslide.

I apologize for this blurry picture of a Tootsie Roll.




No comments: