Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 12, 2007 - A New Recipe

I took a vacation day today.

Toast with peanut butter and apricot jam.


Lunch: Brian and I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and bought these garlic fries. The checkout guy said that they would make our whole house smell like garlic. They were quite potent and quite yummy.

We also got this organic shells and white cheddar, which was also really tasty.


For dinner, we cooked this recipe, another Food Network gem. We didn't follow the recipe exactly. We stir-fried some chicken breasts and added it to the sauce. But, it worked. We also stirred in some broccoli. It was very different from the food we usually make. I liked it- sort of a mix of Thai and Indian flavors. Also, I managed to somehow cook jasmine rice and not mess it up. I always seem to never cook it enough. But today I got it right.


For my work, I decided to bake cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Yes, it's a day early, but I had the day off, so I decided to just do it. Dark chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate frosting, and these little Hersey's Kissables... which are kind of like M&M's. I ate some of them before the baking was done. I also sampled this cupcake.

No comments: