Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 15, 2007 - V-Day Celebration

For breakfast, my sweetheart surprised me with a little breakfast with pastries and a pretty garnish. Isn't he wonderful?

A coworker of mine resigned to take a new job, so we had a potluck party at work to send her off. I made spinach dip, which I tested here.

I also had salad, and a plate of goodies including an Indian vegetarian dish, panzanella salad, guacamole, more spinach dip, cheesy potatoes, and chips.
Dessert was chocolate cake and some strawberries dipped in chocolate.

And later, I had this mini V-day cupcake. The picture in the background is Brian on top of a mountain in Tucson.
Since our anniversary and Valentine's Day are only 5 days apart, Brian and I have this tradition where one of us chooses what we do on Valentine's Day (or gives a gift) and the other one is in charge of the anniversary celebration. This year was my year for Valentine's Day, and since Brian had to work yesterday, we celebrated with a home-cooked meal and a nice night in.

I made a spinach salad, with blood orange vinaigrette and candied almonds,
asparagus and mushroom risotto,
and for me, shrimp scampi. Brian had a steak.
I ate some Kissables for dessert. I was going to make a Gooey Butter Cake that I saw on the Food Network, BUT it turned out we didn't have enough eggs. So, I'll just have to make it another time.

No comments: