Monday, January 15, 2007

January 12, 2007 - Date with (a) Bobbie!

I start out the day with a zone bar and a yogurt.

Here's a little chocolate snack I had at work.
Lunch AND dinner was the amazing sandwich from a place called Capriotti's. The Bobbie is their "thanksgiving leftover" sandwich, with turkey, stuffing, and cranberries on it. It's delicious. And they use "real" shredded turkey, not sliced deli meat. I don't know if it's clear from the picture, but this sandwich is about 12 inches long. My coworker Karla, had the other half. So, when you get it, it's like, 2 feet of sandwich!







I decided to break in my new ice cream maker. I made banana ice cream with chocolate chips. I didn't use sugar, just honey.


2 comments:

Martin said...

The turkey stuffing cranberry sandwich - such a good idea! I have to make it soon. Was it good?

How was the ice cream? Paul and I once made blueberry lemon sherbert and the combination of tartness and coldness make my tongue a happy appendage.

Shaun said...

That sandwich is amazing. It's consistently great. I'd eat it more often, but you know, eating bread on bread sadly can't happen every day.

The ice cream was surprisingly good. I wish I had a heavy duty food processor cause the bananas probably would have come out smoother. But it tastes pretty great. Do you have a recipe for the sherbert? I'd love to try it!