Wednesday, May 2, 2007

April 29, 2007 - Birthday Brunch

Words barely begin to describe the birthday brunch feast that Brian took me to. The Steakhouse in the Bally's Hotel has this unbelievable Sterling Brunch that is gourmet all the way. They pour endless champagne and Evian water while you dine (yes, DINE) at gorgeously decorated tables with multiple pieces of silverware.

The buffet itself is small, but the offerings are incredible. Lobster, caviar, sushi, crab claws, carved lamb and filet, and the fattest chocolate covered strawberries you've ever seen. Go ahead and google Sterling Buffet and see some of the reviews. Here are my pictures. I apologize for the poor quality- the atmosphere was not conducive to photography at the table. (And, who wants to look like a tacky tourist?)

First up- some of my favorites and buffet staples:
Lox and bagel. (Don't worry- I didn't fill up on the carbs.) Some crab claws and jumbo shrimp cocktail, some grilled asparagus and portobello mushrooms, and mozzarella with tomato and balsamic.
Next, lobster, caviar, blini, sushi. Brian and I split this lobster meat quiche. (Yes, me the egg-hater ate quiche.) I'm getting full, but I must push on! More lobster, more crab claws, sea bass, waffle. The berries were so beautiful I had to have some. There was also a shrimp and lobster lasagna.
Desserts- that's where I'm a viking. As usual, Brian and I shared everything.
Lemon meringue, creme brulee, cream puffs, chocolate covered strawberries, little cakes, cherries jubilee and phenomenal bananas foster with homemade ice cream.
Just look.

And, believe it or not, by late that night, I wanted a snack. Here's Chopper eying up the fruit.

No comments: