Wednesday, May 2, 2007

April 24 - April 28, 2007 - Birthday Love

Well, it's arrived. My 30th birthday. Brian and my friends and family went out of their way to keep the party going as long as possible!

April 24-
Breakfast was a taralle and some dried fruit.









Lunch was with some coworkers at Marie Callender's, complete with pie and a birthday song performed by the waitresses.









And, an Italian dinner out. Lobster ravioli. (Ick, I found a shell. That's the third time so far this year that's happened!)








April 25
-

Starbucks!








A veggie sandwich from the veggie cafe.









And dinner out for my birthday with my father-in-law at...









Here's the menu of what I got...

Plus bread and caesar salad.


















April 26
-
Breakfast - An apple empanada and some fruit.








Lunch is a burrito from the veggie cafe. I also got this Rice Dream ice cream, but it melted in my office and made a huge mess. I only had a bite or two.










And Brock took me out for sushi for my birthday, at the Sushi Factory, of course!




















I tried to bake a cake for my birthday, but it didn't work out. Here's the icing which I made from scratch. I didn't know the cake would be ruined at the time. I bake it tomorrow.








April 27 - THE BIG DAY!
Starbucks for breakfast, of course!








And lunch out at Jason's Deli, since that's also become a compulsion of mine.









The big party - a spread of chips and dips of all sorts- guacamole, hummus, cheese and crackers, shrimp cocktail, veggies, jalapeƱo poppers, etc. etc. etc.

And the olives in this dirty martini count as food (barely).








Drinks, food, ping pong and cake! Cookies and cream ice cream cake from Cold Stone. Also, I won our little poker tournament!








April 28- I chill out with some snacks while enjoying Brian's birthday gift! Then we head out to the salad buffet for dinner before meeting the crew for poker at Binion's.
























Umm, the milk in this cereal was bad. I had to throw it out.








Speaking of throwing things out, here's the cake. I ate a bite. It tasted all right, but it had leaked all over the oven before it finished baking. I think it might have boiled over for two reasons - one, I over filled the pans, and two, I misspoke and Brian added more baking powder instead of baking soda. So we had double the baking powder, in addition to the baking soda.








And for the flowers, cards and gifts. Thank you!








No comments: